Mul-T-Lock hereby warrants, to the end user ("Purchaser") who purchases a genuine Mul-T-Lock® product (“Product”), from an authorized Mul-T-Lock dealer (“Dealer”) that the Product will be free from mechanical and/or electronic production defects in materials and workmanship ("Defects"), for a period of two years from the date the Product was shipped from Mul-T-Lock, subject to the terms and conditions indicated below.
Improper Activity shall render this limited warranty void. “Improper Activity” includes any and all of the following: installation by anyone other than a Dealer; improper installation; use/operation/maintenance other than in accordance with Mul-T-Lock’s instructions, tampering by Purchaser; neglect; damage by the application of force; acts of vandalism; accidents; misuse; abuse; repair or alteration by anyone other than a Dealer; and use of keys, key blanks, key cutting machines, cylinders, locks, accessories, lubricants and/or other components that are not the suitable and genuine Mul-T-Lock products.
Some basic instructions for correct use of the Product are shown below. Failure to adhere to these instructions shall render this limited warranty void.
Mul-T-Lock’s sole obligation under this limited warranty is to repair or replace, at Mul-T-Lock’s sole discretion, any Product found by Mul-T-Lock to have a Defect. This limited warranty does not grant any other rights or give rise to any other obligation, or absolve Purchaser of the responsibility to employ any other suitable measures, by whatever means, including insurance, against the risk of personal injury or damage to property. This limited warranty relates to Product's Defects only. Mul-T-Lock shall not be liable, in any event, for any labor costs associated with the Product and its installation process.
In order to facilitate the warranty service and enable Mul-T-Lock to determine entitlement under this warranty, Purchaser must first return the Product, with proof of purchase from a Dealer, and one or more original keys, to Mul-T-Lock, through the Dealer from whom Purchaser purchased the Product. All shipping, handling, travel, service call and/or other incidental and/or related charges are fully payable by Purchaser only and are not included in this limited warranty.
THE USE OF OTHER THAN SUITABLE, GENUINE MUL-T-LOCK® COMPONENTS MAY CAUSE SEVERE DAMAGE TO THE PRODUCT, AND WILL VOID THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY MAY NOT BE ASSIGNED OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERRED IN ANY WAY AND MAY NOT BE EXTENDED, ALTERED OR VARIED.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWABLE BY THE LAWS APPLYING HERETO, THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED AND DISCLAIMED. MUL-T-LOCK WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHICH PURCHASER MAY SUSTAIN, ANY DAMAGES FOR CLAIMS BY ANY THIRD PARTYOR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IN THE EVENT OF NOTICE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
• Keys must be used only for their intended purpose of operating their corresponding cylinder in normal use.
• Keys must be kept clean and must retain a straight blade.
• Genuine Mul-T-Lock key blanks must be used.
• Duplication of keys must be performed by an authorized Mul-T-Lock locksmith on a genuine Mul-T-Lock® key cutting machine.
• Keys must be inspected periodically and must be replaced when they show physical wear.
• Installation must be performed by an authorized Mul-T-Lock dealer only.
• A Cylinder is a mechanical device which requires regular preventive maintenance.
• Cylinders must not be submerged in water, or exposed to any chemical wash, or be painted.
• Protect the cylinder from dirt and dust.
• Protect your cylinder from exposure to extreme temperatures (-20C to +80C)
• Interactive® CLIQ® cylinders utilized on any exterior door and/or any other outdoor application must be purchased with extreme weather shutter and rain guard options (sold separately). Failure to specify the nature of the product’s application and the need for extreme weather shutter and rain guard option at the time of product purchase shall void the warranty.
• The cylinder’s keyway must be lubricated with Mul-T-Lock approved lubricant at least twice a year as normal maintenance. In heavy use environments and extreme weather conditions, lubrication must be performed every three months. Increased usage and exposure generally necessitate more frequent lubrication.